Iowa woodworkers

bfiedler

• 4 weeks later...

i dont live in iowa but use to.  did you look at any of these options....https://www.extension.iastate.edu/forestry/publications/PDF_files/F-301.pdf

http://www.thelogdawgs.com/index.php/en/

another option i can think of off the top of my head is the woodsmith store.

and yes a search of lumberyard and des moines will be a fun one to explain to your girlfriend. at least the search is legit! haha

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I keep hearing rumors about a company in Iowa City, but have yet to actually find it. Have looked at the Woodsmith store... seems to be high prices to me. 

I know this is a somewhat old thread, but I live in Des Moines and recommend you check out Liberty Hardwoods in Ankeny.  Their prices and selection are very good.  

Next time I am in DSM I will look at Liberty hardwoods!

I forgot about that Willie...  Good point.  They are only open till 5pm during the week as well which can make it difficult.  Typically, they prefer you call ahead to make an order and selecting your materials is usually discouraged or not allowed.  The plus side is you get the same price as those who buy in bulk which is usually half of what I pay at other stores.  Your order is shrink wrapped and delivered via forklift to your car / truck.  Can't beat that.  

• 1 year later...