Greetings from Central NY!

Hi folks, 

Despite being a veteran at various forums, I've only just recently discovered the Woodtalk podcast, and thus... this forum.  
I'm a pro Photographer, and general Road Warrior at my night job... I'm extremely well traveled in and about the Lower 48, though lately I'm running a groove on I81 from border to border. 

I have a pretty well equipped shop that I built myself, not very big at just 12'x20'. What it lacks in floor space it does make up for in volume... it has 10' side walls, and a gambrel roof... so I can easily swing long lumber without hitting much of anything. I'm lucky enough to live where domestic hardwoods are plentiful (if not cheap...) and my shop is geared to take rough lumber to finished product when I find the time. 

stacknatlight.jpg

there's a shot of my most recent batch of TWW style end grain cutting boards. 

See you on the boards folks, stay safe!

-Ned

Doug... That was quick,thanks for the warm welcome! I started out in 35mm in college (Minolta)... went on to 70mm long roll portrait rig, transitioned to medium format Mamiya RB67 (still have that one... sweet rig!) , and now have a Nikon D300S. My camera buying days are over... if the D300S can't shoot it, I'm not doing enough photo work to justify buying anything else. Lenses... now that's almost as bad as asking a Galoot which plane he's going to buy...

cherrymapleonedetail.jpg

cherrymapleone.jpg

I've got a craft show coming up, and have a bunch of boards on hand, these were just one batch after their first round of mineral oil. 

Thanks guys! I'm in production mode right now, show season is too close to winter... and I didn't have enough stock on hand. I've got a ton of shop projects in the works, so you'll be seeing a shop tour and what not once i get the boards done that are in process right now.