FS: Powermatic 54HH 6" helical-head jointer - Atlanta area

BuilderBill

Bought in June of last year but I really need an 8" jointer. So I'm offering my like new Powermatic 54HH up for sale. Has the Byrd head and three coats of Silent Running(ala David Marks) applied inside the base and belt cover. Smooth start, quiet, cuts well. I just need something larger.

Details here: Powermatic 54HH.  If you're lazy, it's a 6" jointer with a 66" bed(most all 6" jointers have a 48" bed or less), 1 Hp motor, runs on 120v, 15A circuit and has the Byrd Shelix head. Selling for $1,429.99 online but you have to drag a 330 lb. box into your house, put it together and dial it in.

Or, if you live in the Atlanta area, you can save yourself $400+, drive over to my house and save the effort. I'll even help you load. :)

Jointer has less than 1 hr. running time, some stains on the bed from my sweat putting it together, and half a gallon of Silent Running applied.

Price: $1,000 firm, no best offers, no shipping, cash in hand when you pick up. Have Starrett squares, straightedges and feeler gauges in the shop, check it out for yourself. I'd normally go a little lower but this tool is pristine with low mileage.

Going to Craigslist in a day or two, thought I'd offer it here first.

Pix on request but only to serious inquiries. PM me with a phone # and we'll talk

Thanks for looking,

Bill