A carved desk that I built

ScottE

post-14593-0-12686600-1400543995_thumb.j

post-14593-0-42712500-1400544094_thumb.j

A client of mine had a small side table from India or Morocco that he liked and he asked me to build his wife a desk to match it. It was a pretty interesting piece with lots of carving, an iron grille under the glass top and big turned legs. It was a really fun project and I decided to write an article about how I went about building it on my Furniture Blog.

• Like 2

Really neat piece!  I've walked through a few architectural salvage places in Santa Fe and admired the range of things they have, what a great source of inspiration for pieces like this desk.  Truly envious of your carving ability, it's something I would like to try one of these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looking and reading through that blog post was incredibly impressive.  You're extremely skilled and that turned out beautifully.  I liked the step by step walkthrough of the carvings.. they help to show that anything is possible if you break it down into small, achievable steps.