Internal Structure help (and yes, I hate Sketchup much less now... ;)

Milo

Hey everyone,

Yes, thanks to your help, some videos, and not giving up, I actually have started to hate Sketchup less than I ever have in the past... :D

On a serious note, I am hoping for some advice.

I am working on an end table.  I made the base, the sides, rails, styles, AND I successfully made everything except one piece into components along the way. 

What I forgot to do is make some of the internal parts along the way.  I need to make a drawer at the top, and a shelf midway down from the top shelf.

Now, I know you can hide parts in sketchup.  I did it at one point with a side panel.  Problem was, I couldn't get it back!  I had to use the component window to copy it back to the page and place it in the correct position. I really DON'T want to do that for a bunch of parts.

Attached is a picture of my model.

If you can advice me as to how to put in the draw slides and shelf support, I would appreciate it.

Milo

post-10429-0-16403700-1401073983_thumb.j

Concerning finding hidden objects...

Under the Window menu you should see something called Outliner.  It contains the list of all objects including hidden ones.  The hidden ones should be displayed with grey text.  You can right-click those in the Outliner and select unhide.  There is also an "unhide --> all" option under the Edit menu.

Can someone please let me know how to get rid of components I don't need?  I've a few that I made, then later realized I messed them up and had to start over.

Thanks,

Milo

Make sure you've deleted all instances in your model (including hidden ones) and then go to Model Info under the Windows menu.  In there, select Statistics from the list on the left, and then Only components from the drop down menu on the right top.  Then at the bottom right click Purge unused.  That should clear out all the unused components from the components list.