Tablet for photo and video editing?

Nick2cd

Not sure about video but I routinely crop , resize and edit pictures on my iPad . Some is done with the photo program that comes with it, other stuff I use an app for.

There is red eye reduction, color filters, auto enhance , and rotate.in the photo program with the iPad . The camera in the iPad is pretty decent. Most of the pictures taken in my shop are from the iPads camera.

I resize with an app to make the file smaller to post easily.

==>photo and video editing?

Adobe has just released Lightroom for iOS. LR can do 80%-99.9% of what anyone needs. LR is now the pro's 'goto' tool. Photoshop has too large a footprint for current-generation tablets -- maybe two or three generations hence...

Video editing is more complex question. Depends on how much video you want to edit (# clips, clip length, etc), format of source material, format of output, degree of manipulation desired, etc... Also depends on what you mean by 'editing': Splicing a few 30second clips into a 3min YouTube is one thing... Compositing a few hundred Red 1 clips into a 30min 1080p broadcast-compliant stream is another... Can you provide a little more info on your goals?

I can download pictures from my camera to the iPad with a accessory card reader , download them from emails, Dropbox, the cloud etc.

Very easy to scroll thru tons of pictures, pick one, crop , resize and post it. Pretty easy to learn as well. I bet there is a scrapbook app.

Just not sure about the video stuff. I just take a few short clips and use them as they are.

I think photo editing will be about the same on any tablet you pick.

There's at least iMovie for iPad.  Pretty easy to trim clips, add transitions, use some themes for titling, etc.  I think it is around $5.

I dunno the Android tablet video offerings, but the Android tablet I used at work needed a new hamster... so pokey slow.

Surface Pro would run any regular Windows desktop software (subject to the usual hardware limitations...need CUDA? then no, need OpenGL? okay).  There are too many video editors on Windows to choose from.

Surface RT might have some video editing available, but a quick search showed nothing you'd want