Check this one out...

Heavydc2

I'm pretty inexperienced here but a concern i'd have with turning that into veneers would be that it'd end up a bit crumbly.  My assumption is all that spalting(rot) would weaken the wood so thicknesses under 1/4" would be a bit questionable.  I could be way off, so consider this just as much a question as it is a concern :)

Lazy susan comes to mind... as does the main drawer of a china cabinet or pie safe.  

I could also see it as the centerpiece inlay of a display footstool or placemat/ place setting.  Or part of the jewelry case lid.

And a part of me wants to see it turned into a globe, but i'm not sure how.

I agree with John... don't put numbers on the clock face.  Maybe make up a small apple into a button, and mount it for the 12?  (Kind of like those fashion mens' watches that just have the diamond on the black face.)

There was a post awhile back and somebody painted faces on pieces like that. They looked pretty cool. I can see an angel or something in that piece.

Clock is my choice and do not use the "paint" word again.  That's just wrong. 

In the first picture, I see a human in a stretched out position like he/she's sitting on the floor with legs spread stretching out like they're in dance or karate.