I had to buy from the US!

G S Haydon

I needed a coarse slipstone to enable me to sharpen some moulding planes. I could not find a "coarse" Norton for love nor money. I had to buy from http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/ . Did it by phone as normaly I have a green light on in the web address bar during card transactions. Customer service was excellent. I have to wait two weeks or more though! Sorting out the moulding plane iron will be done with the "fine" in the meantime :-(. Any way, it was a pleasing first US transaction (along with the Neil Young from Kiki :)).

• Like 2

I needed a coarse slipstone to enable me to sharpen some moulding planes. I could not find a "coarse" Norton for love nor money. I had to buy from http://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/ . Did it by phone as normaly I have a green light on in the web address bar during card transactions. Customer service was excellent. I have to wait two weeks or more though! Sorting out the moulding plane iron will be done with the "fine" in the meantime :-(. Any way, it was a pleasing first US transaction (along with the Neil Young from Kiki :)).

That's what happens when you just can't control colonists, they make you buy from them!

• Like 2

:) Norton makes many of it's products in Mexico I think. That's what it says on my "fine" slip and combo stone.

Oh, I forgot about Mexico. That's the other country the U.S subs it's manufacturing to. Actually, how could I forget about Mexico, with a thousand illegal visitors a day coming over for an extended stay :angry:

Customer service was excellent. I have to wait two weeks or more though! Sorting out the moulding plane iron will be done with the "fine" in the meantime

For the "in the mean time" coarse work can be done with sandpaper on a dowel, a small cylinder or conic head on a dremel or other rotary tool, and because some of those vintage irons are somewhat soft a chainsaw file can work well also.

Cheers Tony :D, I should do a YT vid for WT where I try to be American........or not :lol:.

I want to hear that one Graham. You could put a Devonshire slant on it loike.

Have a look as this one 

- although I think this guy sounds more Bristolian.
  • Like 1