Girlfriend's Dining Room Table

minorhero

Got off work really early today and decided to spend some time in the shop. 

The base and the top have previously both been sanded to 120 grit. With breadboards added I spent some time first leveling the breadboards with the table since they were just a hair or two proud. Then I cleaned up the glue joint. After that it was just a matter of raising the grain and getting the whole thing sanded to 180. 

7lmA563.jpg

WBhYrDK.jpg

For kicks I stuck the base ontop of the table upside down so I could get a feel for how it would look.

qigo2rc.jpg

After this all that was left to apply the finish. As previously discussed I went with Arm-R-Seal Satin.

LNdN3JV.jpg

wHReJ6h.jpg

It went on pretty easily with a rag and foam brush. Over the next few days I will be sanding between coats and applying 3 coats to every surface. Since that means flipping the table top every coat, the base will done before the top. That will save me some headache as I will transport the bottom separately. Hopefully the top will (mostly) fit into my subaru forester ;)

• 2 weeks later...