Take a minute...

Tpt life

Take a minute and tell your kid you love them. Review stranger danger, wise decision making, pool safety, bike safety, anything really. Ten year old nephew ran a stop sign on his bike and payed the highest price. Unimaginable pain. Yesterday vibrant, today gone. Take a minute...

It is a close community Cindy. Friends from my church when I lived there both had a daughter at the family's home just before this, and is close friends with the elderly widower driver. The whole community is reeling. The pain will fade, the community will heal and move on. It just slams home the reminder that tomorrow is not guaranteed to any of us. I know I can get pretty invincible feeling.

I can't imagine the pain.  Nothing lights up my day like a big smile from one of my 3 kids.  I just can't fathom what your family is going through, but thank you for this important reminder. 

Two weeks ago while my granddaughter was on vacation, a fellow came to Houston looking for his ex-wife and murdered the ex's sister, husband and 4 children. The news hit the whole city pretty hard.

Needless to say, we were waiting in the drive when my granddaughter got home with one of those hugs.

My condolences to you and your family.

So sorry for your loss. Thank you for the reminder. Still have three without innocence lost. I have taken them for granted too often.

I'm pretty sure we're all guilty of that Chris!

As I sit here tonight replying to this post, my oldest and his new bride are looking at wedding photos.  His brother's are looking on, the middle one heading off to college in September and the youngest getting ready for his junior year in High school.  It's a reminder of just how lucky I am!

• Like 1