grizzly table saw purchase

jpf1182

I am replacing my old hybrid table saw and have narrowed the choices to a Grizzly

1.  G0715P    a 1 1/2 HP hybrid

2.  G1023Rl   a 3HP cabinet

3.  G0690   a 3 HP cabinet

I am a weekend warrior and make furniture.  I occassionally use 12/4 for table legs but mostly smaller lumber.  I like the price of the hybrid but the better fence and more power on the bigger models has me leaning towards the 690.  It has a larger rip capacity than the 1023.  Unfortunately that is the most expensive saw. 

Does anyone own any of these saws and what are your recommendations.  Thanks

I own the G0715P.  It's a 2HP machine and I've pushed a bit of hard rock maple thru it without any issues.  The stock fence was ok but, I upgraded it at purchase.

I'll let the others chime in on the other saws as I've never owned or run either of them.

I'm pretty confident they're going to be happy with them.  It's never a bad idea to have more HP

I don't have personal experience with the saws but I have used other hybrid and cabinet saws before. The difference in price between your first and second options is 400 dollars. That 400 buys you a lot of features where as the extra 300 dollars between your second and third options does not buy you nearly as many nor as important an upgrade. 

If you have the money (and the 220 volt power) go for the G1023Rl every time.

I also own the g0715p. Great saw, absolutely worth every dime. But if I had the money I would have splurged for more saw. But it handles every single board I throw at it. 12/4 cherry was as much as I put through it. Took it slow, came out fine.

They'll all cut wood, but I don't think upgrading from one hybrid saw to another is really worth the bother.  It's also worth noting that some the G0715P models have had a history of alignment issues that's similar to the R4512 and 21833 issues.  The jump to a full industrial cabinet saw is substantial.  You can slide the front rail on the G1023RL over by 10" very easily to give yourself more capacity if you want it.  Just my 2 cents.

g0478_zpsc4b6af23.jpg

vs

g1023rl_det1_zps770aa99f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 690 and I've been really happy with it. No problems, stays in alignment so I don't really have to jack with it very often, and has cut everything I've needed it to without any problems.

I would not, however, get the router table attachment for it.

• 1 month later...