Glue bleeding through veneer

I just veneered my first piece of bubinga veneer to the spanish cedar and noticed a fairly significant amount of glue bleeding through the pores of the veneer.  My veneer came extremely flat and there was no need to use the softening agent to flatten it out.  Not sure if this was the reason for the bleed through or if I used too much glue (there was not much that sqeezed out from the sides, though).  Has anyone else had this problem?  And, now that it has happened, what do I need to do to get rid of the glue before continuing?  I'm especially concerned about having glue on the surface or even in the pores for the pore filling and finishing processes.

• Like 1

Glue bleed through on veneer is always a concern and you simply used too much glue and/or the veneer was quite porous. However all is not lost as when you finish the piece you have already done a lot of the pore filling albeit from the backside. Don't worry about it - hit it with some very light sanding and put some shellac on first of all before you coat with whatever finish you have opted to use. It will still come out just fine.

• 5 months later...