DVD received in mail

bfiedler

What I got wasn't from PW...it was from WW Journal, which is a garbage mag, IMO, and I never subscribed to it.  They bought my name from some list and sent me some crap I didn't want, then tried to threaten me to pay them for it.  BAD, bad business.  I mean I know print media is dying and all...but that ain't how you gain customers.

• Like 1

One of the nice things about owning a web domain is that you can create unlimited number of email addresses. When I need to supply an email address to somebody I'm not sure about I just create a new one just for them. If I start getting junk mail at that address then I know exactly who to blame and that email address gets 'retired'. If they turn out to be honest and trustworthy then I change my email address over to a permanent one and retire the temporary one. That way there can never be any confusion about it. Over the years I've probably had somewhere in the region of several hundred different email addresses but I've actually only got 3 permanent ones.

I recently wanted to download some plans from PW and had to supply an email address to do so. Since then I've had at least 20 unsolicited emails to that address. Time for it to retire :)

Preying upon honest people who might feel retaliated against if they didn't follow their instructions...terrible. 

Yea, mistaking kindness for weakness... honest people are dumb!  :lol:

Every business who fails to screen the info they sell are just as guilty as the scammers.

Scammers are dumb anyway but to think consumers don't at least trace their purchases.

It's the consumer against the business nowadays.  

There needs to be a balance between democracy and capitalism and the U.S. is way off.