Putting Lipstick on a Pig...

friscomike

Has it really been that long since I posted?  Darn...   The bench is finished and in action.  I'd like to build an under bench cabinet for easy access to planes, chisels, and saws, so I'll work on that next.  Until then, it works.

I'll take some photos of the pig as it stands today and post them soon.

Have fun,

Mike C

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Don't lay a pencil on the bench before that yellow tames out. You may never find it again.  Jk

The bench looks great. Before you keep drilling since that contraption looks like a lot of work,  why not use it for a while and make sure you actually need more holes?  I followed the bc home recommendations and didn't think it would be enough but ended up that I primarily only use 2 or 3 most of the time.  The others just look pretty.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Brendon_t said:

Don't lay a pencil on the bench before that yellow tames out. You may never find it again.  Jk

The bench looks great. Before you keep drilling since that contraption looks like a lot of work,  why not use it for a while and make sure you actually need more holes?  I followed the bc home recommendations and didn't think it would be enough but ended up that I primarily only use 2 or 3 most of the time.  The others just look pretty.

Good point about waiting, which is what I am doing.  Thanks for the recommendation. ~mike c

1 hour ago, treeslayer said:

looks great mike, and i really like the original cordless drill, i use my grandfathers and my dads once in a while just to remember them

There is a method to my madness, I am going to mostly hand tools.  It is a transition I have wanted to do for quite a while.  My son is the recipient of my power tools so he can start enjoying the craft at a younger age. ~mike c