Annual income of professional YouTubers?

Nick2cd

I have very much avoided paying to promote my videos. There is no end game with them so I don't see the point. As kiki says many if not most videos are hooks (informative and helpful hooks) to get you over to a paid for thang or as mentioned exposure.

I watch a lot of woodworking and maker videos and that hasn't been my experience. There are a few selling things but YouTube appears to be their main form of exposure. The few I see trying to use YouTube as a hook get negged pretty hard and don't build an audience. There is one new person doing it full time whose videos have become more about hawking wares than content, I'm losing interest in that guy pretty fast.

I think often the hook is a little obtuse. For instance watch lots of vids showing methods but not projects. Good content for sure but if you want to build with the person you need to pay (which is cool). And agreed on "hawking", infomercials are not the best viewing.

You have a point. I notice that from guys who already have a reputation.