Mini Beep Maiden Voyage

woodbutcher74

Some of you guys might remember last Fall I posted pictures of the Mini Beep that I built. The plans I went by had always stated that the unit, if built correctly would be amphibious. Well the weather turned cold and I didn't want to go for a swim at that time, but have always intended to try it out. Well last weekend my wife and I loaded it on the trailer and took it out to the fishing club we belong to. After a few nerve racking moments I decided what the hell and drove it into the lake at the boat ramp. Constantly checking all the joints for leaks and not seeing any, I lowered the trolling motor down into the water. I fired up the motor and away I went. Made a small circle and came back to the boat ramp. Told my wife to grab my rod and reel and my tackle box and away I went. Cruised around the end of the lake,casting a lure. Still no leaks. Decided I better head back and tried to start the trolling motor. Oh CRAP. No oars :wacko: Oh CRAP. Now what? Luckily I started the Kohler and the wheels spun fast enough to propel me forward and back to the ramp. All and all I was tickled. Have a new trolling motor on the way and can't wait to get it out again.2c8f27da-3c2c-4bc9-bcaf-c23a5990b5ec_zps