Inlay Moulding

Mikejpt

This is off the wall. But looking for a source for inlay moulding. I'm restoring an old chest of drawers and vanity. a good part of the moulding is gone. small stuff, 1/4 in wide and 1/8 in thick. Pics are a little fuzzy (ok, a lot) but you get the idea. My fingers are too fat to try to make myself. 

Thanks
Mike Jones

post-34-0-88060400-1407719511_thumb.jpg

post-34-0-07624400-1407719515_thumb.jpg

Nonsense.  Making it is the easy part.  (Besides, if your fingers are too big to make it, you're not going to be able to miter it and get it in place.

Profiles this tiny are the domain of the scratch stock.  Mill a board a 1/4" thick, scratch the two beads on an edge and rip it off with a table saw.

Well, I tried that, using a marking gauge to start the middle cut of the moulding. The profile is small enough i could sand off the edges and i t would be close. Couldn't get the "V" deep or wide enough. Don't have a router bit to cut the bead. I can handle the saw cuts from larger stock etc. Was hoping to find a web source to purchase. I'll need apox 35 feet of stock. I don't  mind a slightly different look, but thats a lot of stock to have all correct.