Hinge troubles

Doomwolf

Hi all. I'm making the folding bookshelf out of "Campaign Furniture" by LAP and have run into an issue with the hinges. 

I have attached the uprights to the bottom shelf. One of them folds flat and is flush with the edge of the shelf, but the other upright fold in by 1/16". I've adjusted one of the hinge mortises so that it will fold flush with the shelf edge, but I pre-drilled all the screw holes before putting it together and discovering the misfit (a mistake I will not make for the upper shelf). I can nudge the hinges into position so that things fold properly, but if I tighten the screws then they drag the hinge back to it's original position and it takes the upright back out of flush with the front edge of the shelf. 

The error is large enough prevent the shelf from folding up when I go to attach the upper shelf, but doesn't provide enough space to redrill the pilot holes. Any suggestions on how to deal with it?

A friend of mine (non-woodworking, but with lots of home reno experience) suggested filling in the holes with a hard wood-filler, and then redrilling once it has set. Does this sound like a viable option, or is there something better I could do?

Attached is a video clip of what the finished product is supposed to be able to do.

Plugging it with a dowel should do the trick. Wood putty might work but not as well as a dowel would. Self centering drill bit as mentioned above is a good idea. You might also use a drill guide to make sure the bit doesn't wander when you re-drill the holes. This could be as simple as a piece of 3/4 hardwood with a hole through it.

Are there any brands/types of epoxy you would recommend? The holes are small (#6 screws) and I live a 5 min walk fm two hardware stores, so epoxy sounds like the safest bet.

NB-Already have a vix-bit, so if I plug the hole and can hold the hinge in position I should be fine.