Dining table 5th leg

Bevans

Hi folks

I have a problem to solve for the sliding extension table I made for my son. Fully extended it is 96 inches with two extensions. My son only wants the 5th leg when two extensions will be used. I thought about screwing a plate to the slides and somehow attaching the 5th leg with a screw but it has to be something that is not a difficult process. I also thought hinging the leg but I am not sure I have the room for that. Anyone have a table leg they attach and detach easily when not I use? If so what type of hardware did you use?

Thanks in advance

Bruce

I appreciate the advice and I might be able to consolidate solutions. I do like the idea of the leg fastened to a plate that will fit on/between the sliding rails but think that a keyhole hanger would provide a little more support and tightness. I also like the idea of dropping down from above but that may be more challenging to get it in the right location and sturdy enough to support the table. Thanks again for the advice, you have give me enough to think about and resolve the problem.

A couple of blocks on the underside of your rails would provide a stop for location. Drop the leg in from above and twist it to lodge the top plate under the rails and against the stop blocks. You can label the location on the inside of the rails and the leaves will cover it.