Padauk and ebony recipe box

Llama

Yeah baby is right.  Cool and crisp in the Lou this morning.  Back door open, shorts and sweatshirt...perfect.  I feel alive again for the first time in four months...there's actually breathable OXYGEN in the air.  This is woodworking weather yo!

Mel's Halloween box thread is officially derailed.  Sorry Mel. :)

Bitter Sweet... 

Mailed out the box today, which is a good thing! But, not I need to make myself one. :)

I really liked this one! :rolleyes:  Perhaps a different wood combo for the next one. Thinking of using a very nice piece of flame maple I have with ebony or padauk for the accents. Or some combination.... Idea being that I really like making boxes. Didn't think I'd enjoy it this much. :ph34r:  So, I guess that it's more sweet than bitter. 

Bitter Sweet... 

Mailed out the box today, which is a good thing! But, not I need to make myself one. :)

I really liked this one! :rolleyes:  Perhaps a different wood combo for the next one. Thinking of using a very nice piece of flame maple I have with ebony or padauk for the accents. Or some combination.... Idea being that I really like making boxes. Didn't think I'd enjoy it this much. :ph34r:  So, I guess that it's more sweet than bitter. 

Recipe box will go great in the shop ;)

Well done on the box Mel

• Like 2

Wanted to share this feedback from the customer about this box.

From the very beginning of the idea process to the day my box arrived at my door Mr. Morris was a pleasure to work with! He supported and encouraged my ideas and worked with me to make them become a reality while staying in a budget that I could afford. Throughout the process he sent me consistent and frequent updates so that I felt included in my project. I honestly couldn't be happier with the end result as it is beautiful, of solid construction, and an heirloom that my family will cherish for generations. I highly recommend him! Mr Morris, thank you for this experience; it has been a pleasure to work with you.

Something like that makes it all worth it. Awesome for them to leave the kind words.

• Like 2