Legs cut to short

I was in a hurry to finish up and well.... I cut the legs 1" shorter than the plans called for.  :(  I had plenty of scrap and so I cut an extra block and using epoxy extended the leg.  I have plenty of extra to recut to the right size now, but the glue line is pretty obvious.  I tried again and still got a pretty significant glue line.  I was thinking about cutting down just below the glue line essentially making a giant tenon and then cleaning it up w/ a shoulder plane and then applying a thick veneer to at least two of the sides that are going to be easily visible.  Is this a viable option or does anyone have any better options?

Sounds like an opportunity to get creative, and truly make the chair your own.  Consider things such as putting a contrasting wood there, or some trim pieces to cover the glue line.  (Or both!) Think outside the box on this one, but avoid if it all possible making new legs.