Cornhole Boards

Janello

I made these for a co-worker as a gift. They have her side business company logo and name on them. I had one week to complete them for a party she was having and just pulled it off in time. I hate being under a time constraint when woodworking! Although I think with a little more time I could have paid more attention to detail, all things considered I was pretty pleased with the end result.

20140814_203721_resized_2_zps9d3ba244.jp

20140816_124843_resized_zpsfe321c16.jpg

20140816_144310_resized_zps02038826.jpg

• Like 2

"Although I think with a little more time I could have paid more attention to detail"   

Holy Crap Dude, how much more detail can you get :D

Your friend needs to hang these on the office wall and chunk the bean bags at a hole in the ground. You Done Good!

Thanks for the encouraging words : )

Nick. I originally wanted to build a set of legs with a stretcher and use hinges and magnets for the stowed position of the legs (specifically because I didn't want to see the head of a carriage bolt on the box frame). But time was not on my side and so I went with individual 1x4 oak legs with a radius on top so they fold. I used a 5/16 carriage bolt with a washer and wing nut on the back side. If you google cornhole legs, you'll see this is the traditional method. After doing it this way I realized why it's the traditional method. It's very effective and easy to use them. If you put just the right amount of tension on the wing nut, you'll be able to leave it that way for a while as it will stay stowed but swing out with little effort.

The finish is two coats of Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane. I just used paste wax for the legs and underside.

• 4 weeks later...