AZ Floods

..Kev

Thanks guys. We had a little flooding where I am but nothing too bad. Fortunately, most neighborhoods are built to handle this stuff. Of course there are a few exceptions but we have washes all over the place to help direct the water where it needs to go. The people who usually get into trouble are the ones who try to make it through a wash with their car and don't realize how deep the water is. Or worse yet, they avoid the signs telling them to turn around. Hence the Stupid Motorist Law http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stupid_Motorist_Law  Perhaps the best name for a law ever! :)

• Like 1

We need a " Stupid Politician Law " if you draft a law that ends up with all kinds of unintended consequences we get to take the expense out of the lawmakers paychecks all the way through their lifetime retirement pay.

Only problem I see with what is otherwise a very good idea is that they would simply vote themselves an immense pay rise to cover it and we would be even worse off. I think we need a nice friendly global dictator - I nominate Kiki :)

• Like 1

But, I seem to remember having seen this, so I won't :D

"The off-topic forum is a place to discuss anything that isn't directly related to woodworking. We ask that you maintain a family-friendly and positive environment, just like the rest of the forum.

Please keep in mind that politics and religion are OFF LIMITS. "

•  
  • Like 1

HEAR! HEAR!

I'll see your Emperor and raise you a Lord and Savior.  The world would be a much better place!

No, it'd be a mess.  Like it is now.

But if you find someone more befitting the job, could you have them send some of those flash floods our way?  Ferguson could use a nice wash at this point.  Only fixin' to get worse before it gets better.  I do believe.

But let's not go there either. :)

• Like 1

It's paraphrased from Rodney King during the riots after he got beat up by the cops. He knew he was guilty of trying to run from the cops, high speed chase etc, but to beat the hell out of a guy that wasn't resisting was way out of line.

Not trying to get political or religious just commenting on current events. I grew up in the 70's as a long haired hippie type in the south. We learned to keep a low profile and be polite to the cops.

• Like 2

Right there with ya Steve. In junior college in 1969 I was asked to leave class because I didn't have socks on. I was cool before my time; yeah, right. Anyway, I thought I remember recently hearing mr.obama saying "can't we just git along" but he was probably quoting mr. king. AHHH, to relive the 60's & 70's or at least remember part of them :)

It's paraphrased from Rodney King during the riots after he got beat up by the cops. He knew he was guilty of trying to run from the cops, high speed chase etc, but to beat the hell out of a guy that wasn't resisting was way out of line.

Not trying to get political or religious just commenting on current events. I grew up in the 70's as a long haired hippie type in the south. We learned to keep a low profile and be polite to the cops.

You were lucky!  I grew up before rock and roll!  But when it hit, I was all in. And by 1965, I could braid my hair, and tuck my beard in my belt [when I wore one]   And wacky weed was as expensive as a cup of coffee!   What ever happened to the 60's and 70's?  Did we skip them?