Square

21meyer

I am hoping to have my cake and eat it too.  I am looking for a precision square but want a few more capabilities.  This square would be a combination of the woodpeckers precision triangle square and carpenters square.  Ideally, it would be able to lay flat, like the triangle square, on one side and on the other side it would have a handle/lip to be used like a carpenter/speed square.  I have contacted Woodpeckers and Rockler with no success and was hoping someone on here has come across something that would suit my needs.  I know I could easily use multiple squares but would like to compress it down to one.  I am weary of trying to make it myself as I plan to use it on all projects and would prefer to purchase something that is guaranteed square from the get go, has precision markings, and is all one piece.  Hopefully I just haven't turned over the right rocks at this point.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

http://www.woodpeck.com/carpentersq6.html

http://www.woodpeck.com/triangles.html

I am weary of trying to make it myself as I plan to use it on all projects and would prefer to purchase something that is guaranteed square from the get go, has precision markings, and is all one piece.

Do tell.  Can you start by posting pix of what you've done so far?  Personally, I found making my own squares quite enjoyable and have used them on plenty of different projects.