Mother Nature...

pghmyn

I don't remember Milwaukee being this humid for this long. It's been fluctuating from 90-100% humidity on and off for about a week now. It's like I'm walking into a sauna every day. Working out in my garage shop right now would be miserable if I had my tools in there now!

Eric, I don't know how you do it down in St. Louis.

Supposedly it's gonna be back to normal misery in a couple days...lower 90s and 100% humidity instead of lower 100s and 100% humidity.  Good news is October is right around the corner.  Then we cave dwellers can go outside and breathe some air that has a little oxygen in it.  I think I've spent a total of about an hour outside in the last week...and that's just when I'm going from air conditioned home or building to air conditioned vehicle.  I see roofing crews out and I just feel so sorry for them.  They should be making a hundred bucks an hour for having to endure that shit.  I think I'd have to throw myself off one of those roofs.

Speaking of hot, Eric, I was watching the history channel last night and they featured the top ten industrial disasters (or something like that). The BP explosion in Texas City, south of here got #1. I see that Praxair had a fill yard in St. Louis and a couple of years back, the heat actually started a chain reaction of explosions when a cylinder got so hot, it blew a safety. It showed industrial gas cylinders flying thru the air like missiles. Now that's friggin HOT!

Today is supposed to be the first day Baltimore is hitting 90 in 34 days... this time of year is usually a steady 95 degrees with 95% humidity. My electric bill has been less than half of what it was last summer.

Unfortunately long term forecasts are calling for another brutal winter in the mid Atlantic.