Mitre Saw

Randy Dimit

PB said this a long time ago. Omga is the best you're gonna buy, but also, nobody here on the forum is going to spend $5000 on a miter saw. I have a bosch GCM12SD which is basically the best you're gonna buy before stepping up to the kapex. Things that frustrate me, there was a bad bearing right from the purchase of this saw so I had a bad taste in my mouth from the beginning. Got it fixed and now it operates and sounds better. My saw is not dedicated to my shop so i am always taking it to trim jobs. therefore, I always have to check and adjust for square. If I don't check, I won't get a square cut. That being said, I've used them all, makita, dewalt, ridgid, hitachi, ryobi, kobalt. Still wouldn't trade my bosch in for the others. 

I also want to add that in my personal journey as a woodworker, many people that know me know I have had sour experiences with a miter saw in my woodworking setting. However, in the line of trim work, my miter saw is my shining star. I started out on job sites and learned from there. in my journey, I learned from some incredible trim carpenters, and I had three favorites. Those guys were incredible, and I remember one had a old school makita, one had an old school hitachi, and the other had a bosch 10" slider. I personally fell in love with bosch, but the old school makitas and hitachis were hard to beat.

Thank you for all the responses! And Thank You for the "Welcome." Yeah I've wondered about the accuracy of the Kapex, as I would hope it would be nuts on for the price. I have also contemplated a Radial Arm Saw and wondering about the accuracy of them. Again, I appreciate all the responses! After I decide on a purchase, I'll share the experience after using.