Slow shipping from Web order

EdgewaterWW

I placed a small order of Wood from a online Lumber store and paid for Priority Mail 2-Day shipping Monday at 9am.

Today the order is still not shipped. I may loose my online sale/customer and have to refund my customer because of the slow shipping from this Company.

I broke my #2 rule ordering from this company "don't order unless order processing time is listed on the site"

I'm thinking of having my credit card charge refunded.

Has this happened to you? What would you do?

In that case, I would be as miffed as you.  When I pay extra to get something quicker, it's because I need something quicker.  In this case, there was no benefit to paying the extra if they had no intention of shipping it out immediately.

I would find another source for the item, let them know why they lost this sale as well as future sales, and move on.

Poor service loses me as a customer every time.

I'll also add that if they advised you some way that it would take x amount of time to process your order then that would be on you.

• Like 2

So my order did ship late on Wednesday and I got it today. Also I was able to get my custom order done and shipped today.

Still Not happy with the "well known highly reviewed online lumber supplier"

I think I will be going back to my Mormon friends next door (1 state over) order by 4pm eastern time and it ships the same day (even a few times I have had shipping upgrades, same day shipping after deadline, shipping credits) low prices and great wood (but only turning blanks).

Next time maybe I should say " no I can't get Western Maple Burl"!

• Like 1

I am so glad I have multiple sources of fine hardwood locally ! The ability to call a specific person and get price and quantity available and pick it up same day has been a constant for most of my professional career. Little did I know it was a luxury because I live in the southern crossroads of our once great nation. Y'all make me really appreciate my suppliers, I have been buying from my main source for over 40 years and they treat me well for a 40 bd ft order or 400 bd ft.

My sympathy to you for tolerating the prices and service issues, but temper it with the reality that the traffic in the metro Atlanta area has probably doubled or tripled the time it takes to visit my local suppliers.

I'm lucky, too.  My yard is literally 5 minutes from my house and I have a great relationship with the owner.  He doesn't carry every species under the sun, but he has a ton of very high quality boards, domestic and exotic.  My lumber needs are more than satisfied.  I still think the most challenging part of this hobby is finding the time to actually do it.  Learning is easy.  Tool and material acquisition is easy.  Finding time is nearly impossible.  Maybe that will change when I retire.  In 25 years. <_<