Dresser, to match the rest of my bedroom!

RichardA

Well.., I managed to get two end panels glued up, sized and routed for insertion into the leg post's.  So far one dry fit.  They actually went together rather nicely.   Next is tapering legs, chamfering legs, sanding and glue up of the end panels.  Then off to the frame work.

post-15288-0-24489000-1409767732_thumb.j

post-15288-0-84536600-1409767746_thumb.j

Richard, are you buying lumber from one of the big retailers around Music City, or do you have a Mom & Pop closer to home?

Morning Highlander... I can't afford the big retailers, I'm just a poor old retired fart...  No, I have a hell of a nice guy that has a small kiln about 35 miles north of me . We have to much in common for me to shop elsewhere.  It's rare that I can find someone  that will sit on a stack of wood, drink a beer or three and BS for an hour or two... I can with this guy!

Nice progress! Can't wait to see the finale!

Given much thought to your finish yet? Planning to highlight the coarse oak grain, or even it out?

Sorta planed to keep in with the rest of the bedroom... Golden pecan stain, 2 or 3 coats WDO, then a few coats of poly.  It's going to last for awhile, I hope.

Well, it continues, though not as quick as I'd like..... To damn humid. and moving this giant inside and outside, is a bit of a pain [literally]  lot of asprin lately!  This dresser is 6' long, 24" deep, and 40" tall.  It takes up 1/3 of the shop and has to be worked on outside, unless I crawl around all day... These old knees will not let that happen.  Got a little done, and moved it in the house, now I walk a lot!  I'll have all the guides for the drawers in , in a day or so, and all the stops for the drawers.  I hate doing it, but I'm going to have to use pocket screws for some of the internal construction.   When it's cooler, I'll begin the drawer sizing. I think I'm going to use poplar for the rear of the drawers and for the bottom. I checked on oak and birch ply, but I didn't feel comfortable using ply for the bottom of a 33 x 21 drawer.

Oh yeah, we recycle all our cans, and that is part of the potato harvest, I just haven't gotten them  all stored yet... another day or two for that!

post-15288-0-36455800-1410216121_thumb.j

post-15288-0-80061100-1410216343_thumb.j

• Like 1