Could my dust mask be any more feminine?

Nah!

Those are the same ones we use in plant work. I have to stay clean shaven and do a fit test for one of those almost every time I get a new job.

Those cartridges might be more than what you need for sawdust. I'm not sure about that. But they have interchangeable cartridges to use for whatever hazards you're dealing with.

Cindy........you may coordinate. :P

So based on what the Friccasseeerrefsihsef kid said, do any of these work well with a scruff?  I shave daily all week but sometimes don't shave on the weekend.

I'm not sure Cindy will have a good answer for this.

Marc seems to always have some level of scruff going and I believe this is the same or similar model to what he uses.  I believe the one I have is this same one as well.  I do the same, tend to skip shaving on weekends, and have had no issues with it.  However I tend to only use it when I'm using the router or finishing.

I'm not sure Cindy will have a good answer for this.

Marc seems to always have some level of scruff going and I believe this is the same or similar model to what he uses.  I believe the one I have is this same one as well.  I do the same, tend to skip shaving on weekends, and have had no issues with it.  However I tend to only use it when I'm using the router or finishing.

Yeah....she's reading and smiling but she won't tell us what she's thinking.....probably the best thing. 

I may try it....the mask - not the coordinating.   I like the mask I got from Fastenal with the replaceable canisters but they're kind of heavy to wear for long periods and this looks light weight.

I may try it....the mask - not the coordinating.   I like the mask I got from Fastenal with the replaceable canisters but they're kind of heavy to wear for long periods and this looks light weight.

I've got the same filters, but slightly differ mask. I'm man enough to rock the pink. ;-> Very lightweight. Not a problem. 

and no problem with scruff. Beard, not so sure. But I shave maybe once a week (work from home) and I have no issues. 

When most of what you filter is dust, facial hair is probably not a huge issue. If noxious / poisonous fumes are in your workspace, take it more seriously. Beard hair may keep the planer chips from getting past tbe seal, but lacquer thinner will make it through every time. I work in a heavy industry where OSHA regs regarding respirator use are followed to the letter. Annual fit testing involves exposure to an irritant smoke that WILL make you hack up a lung if you don't have a good seal. Needless to say, beards are few and far between. Not for lack of grumbling, though. What is so great about the Grizzly Adams look, anyway?

Do so many guys really enjoy saving up for soup on Friday night?

Just out of curiosity, Cindy, what is your opinion of 'manly' facial hair? Being the only (admittedly) female member I have seen on the forum, I'm interested in your opinion on the subject.

• Like 1

Women seem to divide on that.  Some like the beards, goatee's, and the newest scruff look.  Some say they enjoy the feel of kissing a man with it....my wife likes some of the looks but definitely and I mean definitely does not like the "scratchiness" of it all.  So whachuthink I opt for?  :P

I'm amazed at the young people in business who sport the 'scruff look'.  I come from a different era (55 yrs old) and when the guy shows up with a neck tie and a wrinkled shirt, It doesn't give me the fuzzy feeling of entrusting him with a portfolio.  I tried to talk to one of our new hires about "propriety" and he just had a blank look.  A Driver download was definitely needed.  Crickets....He had no idea. Personally, I look forward to the day when a T-shirt is my daily uniform and I can give 9 pounds of neckties to the Salvation Army.  They had to be invented by a woman anyway because all one has to do is grab and pull the underneath tie and the man is hanged....dead.