Could my dust mask be any more feminine?

I liked No-Shave-November last year as it gave men a chance to explore the unshaven look without people asking "what are you thinking"? It looked good on some, Matt Lauer, not so good on others, Willie Geist. Yeah, I'm an NBC news fan. Scruff is good on some people, Leo DiCaprio. Not so good on others, my husband. But, I'm pretty much okay with whatever a person wants to do, even "my" quarterback, Colts' Andrew Luck, who has to have the ugliest beard on record. His personality and quarterback skills sure make up for it.

Beard and t-shirt is my uniform, and I wouldn't go to any job interview for which that look is inappropriate...because most likely that would mean they were planning to stuff me in a windowless cube to make calls or crunch numbers all day...and I'd probably take my own life in a matter of weeks.

FWIW, the beard doesn't interfere with my respirator's effectiveness.  It still forms a decent (enough) seal.  I'd probably worry about it more if I had to deal with asbestos or lead paint all the time.  For dust and the occasional noxious finish, it's fine.  Our air is polluted anyway, so unless you're gonna wear that thing every minute of every day, you have to expect some shortening of life just from living on this dirty ass planet.

And my favorite question to ask in air-quality threads like this - where the consensus starts feeling a little overly-paranoid - is: When's the last time you ate fast food?  Because if your answer contains any measurement of time except for "years," then you really don't care about your health that much.

• Like 1

Every year I participate in No-Shave-November.  I try to raise funds for the Prostate Cancer Foundation, by collecting a dollar for every day I don't shave.  Then, I try to sneak it through work, where they'll match the donation.  (Sometimes, there's another option through the PCF where another sponsor will match the total donation I'd send in, including my company's match...)

(My usual look year round; you can imagine what this makes me look like in November.post-655-0-09241700-1410368669_thumb.jpg)

Although I try to keep some form of goatee, it usually relates to either how much gray is showing or how much time I have to shave in the morning.  

So while I don't have Matt's issue with respirator fitting the face, I do worry from time to time.  It's good to know it will still work, pink notwithstanding.