Sunday Project

..Kev

Kev, Looks like boxes of Festool discs. Do you find they're better than other brands? How do they compare price wise?

Frankly, they're the only ones I've used on my sander Cooper so, can't give you an educated opinion.  As for the price, the green koolaid is always a little more expensive but, they've worked well for me.  The improved dust collection really extends the life of the discs.

Oh crap. I was considering their discs after looking at them at the Rockler store and now, with your comment about the dust collector, you've got me thinking about spending more money. I've looked a couple of times at Festool's site and the tremendous amount of parts offered, just for the ros and vacuum turned me off fast. Too many options! Did you buy yours as a combo or individually?

I don't recall which combo I bought but, I did buy a combo.  I own a few Festool items.

I will say that you won't regret having a CT unit to go with it.  A shop vac with an adapter will work as well, it's just not variable and the vac won't come on with the tool.