Bandsaw / Drill Press Fence

Fxguy

Can someone point me in the right direction to find some plans for a Fence that I can build and add to my bandsaw and drill press table? I seem to be able to find plenty of jigs and fences for my table saw and router table, but not much for the drill press or bandsaw in the way of fences. 

Also any help or advice on design for someone who is pretty new to woodworking ? I can build things from plans without many problems as well as troubleshoot a few things that may go wrong in the process, but I would love to be able to come up with my own plans / designs especially as it relates to jigs and fixtures. I know most are born out of necessity but I'm hoping there might be a good book or two on design for woodworking projects. 

Thanks! 

Woodsmithshop.com has several free downloadable plans for what you are looking for. Also, if you Google Bandsaw Fence plans or Drill Press Fence plans you would be surprised what pops up. If you look at most wood working catalogs they have systems that they sell, you might get some ideas there. Good Luck.

It doesn't have to be that complicated, really...two pieces of ply and a couple star knobs with t-bolts will do it.  Just make sure it's 90* to the table, add a t-track and a dust port if you wish...done.  I need to build one, too.  The factory fence that came with my PM2800 is garbage.

• Like 1

A table saw fence has to be parallel to the blade, and a band saw fence needs to be parallel to the cut, but a drill press fence can be built with one track and a pivot. It's simpler to adjust the fence when you only need to worry about one end.  And, any change on the end changes the distance from the fence to the center by half as much, so it's easier to make fine adjustments.

• 3 weeks later...