Classic Leg Vise Issue

Wayniackc

Has anyone with the classic leg vice had an issue where the screw doesn't fit into the hub? The flange fits fine, but the hub won't go on at all. In their video it looks like it should just slide right on without any resistance, so I don't know. I don't really want to whack it with a hammer because I'm afraid I won't be able to rotate it to line up the holes for the pin.

I emailed Benchcrafted so hopefully they get back to me, but I was just curious if anyone had a similar issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Just as a follow up I worked with the Benchcrafted folks and turns out it was a manufacturing/quality control issue with my vise and so the hub didn't actually fit on the screw. I sent the original one back to them (at my own expense) and they sent me a replacement.

Edit: They refunded me the shipping cost after the fact, so that was pretty nice of them.

Edited the original post, but thought it was worth mentioning that they did refund my shipping cost, so that was pretty nice of them.

Got the leg vise installed last night and that thing is sweet! After using it and the wagon vise I'm glad I forked over the extra cash to go with BC rather than a less expensive option.

• Like 1

Dude, where are your photos?

It's almost done, so I'll post some photos soon. I've taken a ton of photos, and was thinking about doing a whole build post. I'm still pretty much a novice woodworker, so I thought showing that you can be a noob and still build this (with Marc's video help, of course) might help some people that are on the fence.