New puppy!

Llama

Hey all!

While walking in Cedarburg yesterday, we stopped by the new location for the Pink Llama Gallery. I have sold items there, and also have a table available there now. Plus, it is always a great place to stop in and see what's going on.

Back on topic, they were hosting a fundraiser for the humane society. They had two lovely puppies on location! We asked about them, and were told that we had to hurry up and get to the local humane society so we could get in line to adopt one.

We were third in line, for two awesome dogs. Didn't look good! My wife wanted to leave because the odds were not in our favor. The demand was so high for these puppies that within a half hour there were two families behind us for their chance to adopt the pups.

By this time we were there for about an hour. Just knowing we had a slim chance!

The first family was called, they adopted one of the pups immediately. The second family was called and they took a long time deciding. My guess is they wanted the male, not the female pup.

About half an hour later, I heard they decided to pass on adopting the female puppy. I was excited, because we knew we wanted her more than the male dog.

Here's the payoff! We had been waiting for this and it was now our time!

One problem, they accidently called the family behind us in line! They knew we were in line ahead of them. They were shocked they got called first, looked right at me and jumped at the chance to take the dog from under us. I rushed to the counter and pled my case. Stating we were there first and this is nonsense. The ladies at the counter knew I was right, and informed the adoption counselor of the mistake. Needless to say, the other family was upset.

They straightened things out, and we adopted a great puppy! She had a great walk and last night went better than expected. She is full of energy, but loves to cuddle. She is quickly learning the new environment. Everyone is happy the puppy is here, well, except the cat! :)

de700a61c7eab459661fc2fb6c71a067.jpg

ce5a721bb49151b0e838be9c9e9090fc.jpg

• Like 2

Well, hearing the backstory as to how your family got her, it's a good thing you stepped up to the counter and didn't let that one family squirm in ahead of you. That was slimy that they were going to go in regardless you were in front of them. People suck, but in this case justice was served!

• Like 1

Well, hearing the backstory as to how your family got her, it's a good thing you stepped up to the counter and didn't let that one family squirm in ahead of you. That was slimy that they were going to go in regardless you were in front of them. People suck, but in this case justice was served!

I thought I was going to have to fight or something :)

• 2 weeks later...

But I don't think dog houses need drawers.  Probably ok, though.  It'll be awhile before it gets finished.

In all seriousness, congrats Mel.  I've been dogless for about 5 years now and miss them terribly.  Smart enough to know it's not the best time for me to get a new one so just have to hold out and give the love to the horses instead.

• Like 1

Nothin' like a new dog to destroy a new house! :)

I am now animal-free and intend to stay that way for as long as possible.  No dogs, no cats, no birds, no hamsters, no freakin' fish.  Nothing.  It's hard enough to keep a clean house with four humans living in it.  Well, two humans and two half-humans.  I'm done.

Nothin' like a new dog to destroy a new house! :)

I am now animal-free and intend to stay that way for as long as possible. No dogs, no cats, no birds, no hamsters, no freakin' fish. Nothing. It's hard enough to keep a clean house with four humans living in it. Well, two humans and two half-humans. I'm done.

I have always wanted a golden retriever. My fiancé knows this. It has been my favorite breed as long as I can remember. I was prepared to find a pure bred Nd pay for it eventually. My fiances uncle just so happened to have a litter of pups from his golden doodle. There was one unclaimed, and they asked if we wanted it. Technically I still get my golden retriever, and only fees are those of the vet.

I don't have much stuff in the house to mess up...yet. Since all my floors are going to be redone in the next year or so, I don't mind an occasional accident while training. Although, she has been nothing short of stellar.