The Schwarz 's angle finder

otis

I was recently watching the new highland woodworker and found a free video of Chris Schwarz making a shooting board.He used a shoulder plane to dial in the accuracy of the board then he used what he called an angle finder that could read in minutes. Does anyone know what brand the angle finder was? And is a protractor the same thing?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEIB3Y0

I use this digital angle finder.  It reads down to 1/100 of a degree.. which is 66% smaller than a minute.  When i tested it against known right angles and a drafting triangle it read them perfectly.  The rulers are thick, the locking nut works well, and the little digital box feels sturdy.  The digital readout is extremely convenient, but i do wish it had a backlight.  Overall, i really appreciate the tool and would buy another one.  It's currently $17 and is eligible for amazon prime.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AEIB3Y0

I use this digital angle finder.  It reads down to 1/100 of a degree.. which is 66% smaller than a minute.  When i tested it against known right angles and a drafting triangle it read them perfectly.  The rulers are thick, the locking nut works well, and the little digital box feels sturdy.  The digital readout is extremely convenient, but i do wish it had a backlight.  Overall, i really appreciate the tool and would buy another one.  It's currently $17 and is eligible for amazon prime.

I've gone digital too, I use the General Tools & Instruments 828 Digital Sliding T-Bevel Gauge 24 bucks.  Works like a charm.