Lazy Box (TV) antenna on the cheap

NTexRob

I posted a fireplace mantle in the Project Showcase forum, and had mentioned that I had made my own antenna. Here are a couple of videos I made explaining the process, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. 

We had lived with TV for two years. My wife and I and our three children found out we didn't miss it all that much, but there are times when it is nice. I am at least 60 miles from any major city, out in the country, so cable is not an option. We don't like satellite, so antenna TV is our only option. We get 47 channels of true HD TV, even channels that are not offered on cable or satellite. Our friends with cable and satellite can't believe the picture quality of this over their PAID TV.

Fair warning: I am not a audio/video expert so my editing skills and such are minimal.

Part one:

Part two:

• Like 1

wtnhighlander- We found that we didn't miss it at all, and our priorities shifted. The kids didn't miss it, and became more active and read a lot more. The main reason we did this was to get local weather updates. We live in tornado alley and being on top of the weather helps, although with social media and smart phones you can pretty much stay up to date. 

The only time that I, my wife, or the kids missed TV was when we were home sick and there was nothing to do but lay in bed.

K COOPER- thanks for the kind words.

I talked my wife into unplugging a year ago and haven't looked back. Just went store bought for our antenna but saved $200 a month between the cable bill and over optioned cell phones....

The shift of priorities were fun to watch in the kids and me getting in the shop more was even better....