Sharpening Station...complete

Eric.

Thanks Eric. After months of use, happy with the ability to clean up after use?

Yeah I'm real happy...I don't clean it at all. LOL

Seriously, I just tip the stones to the side and rinse well with the spray bottle and I'm done cleaning.  All the swarf collects in the tray and eventually it dries.  At this point it looks like I spilled a bag of cement in there.  What do you think the chances are of me replacing it before I create a mountain?  :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks man!  My shop isn't huge...two car garage.  Just about every square inch has been consumed.

have you done a shop tour or anything? Just curious how you have it set up since I will be in a 2 car as well in about a month. I have seen bits and pieces from pictures but just not the complete flow

have you done a shop tour or anything? Just curious how you have it set up since I will be in a 2 car as well in about a month. I have seen bits and pieces from pictures but just not the complete flow

I told you guys...shop tour is coming...just as soon as it's done. :)

In the year 2050 AD...............does a shop ever get 'done'???

Exactly. :)

Actually, I am approaching completion.  At least in terms of the vision I set out to accomplish about ten years ago.  Yeah, of course shops never stop evolving and you never stop buying tools.  But my big purchases are done until I retire and build my lake house and ultimate dream shop fifteen or twenty or more years from now.  And I've settled into a fairly consistent workflow, which means my big changes are mostly behind me.  I have a few small shop fixtures to take care of and a little more lighting, insulation etc to do...then I am actually done, at least for the foreseeable future...and I'll post the long-awaited shop tour.  Probably around Christmas if I had to guess.  Or maybe next Christmas. :D

• Like 1