What? No Parade???

tim0625

I usually jump on WoodTalk a little before work in the mornings.  I WAS amazed recently though.  I just randomly took a day off and jumped on early and kind of hung out on WT and other interests on the computer until about 12pm.  I was really surprised at how many of the regular posters were 'off that day too'. :) I see now how some of them have a LOT more posts than me.

When I take a break in the shop I sit down, cool off and check email and WoodTalk . My shop assistant goes out to smoke so I have a few minutes. Quick responses to business emails is a good way to get more business. A quick answer to a woodworking question lets someone get back to work or make it to the hardware store before it closes .

I feel I learn as much reading other opinions about a solution to a problem cause there really are more ways than one to skin a cat. Sometimes I know for a fact that certain methods don't work well cause I learned the hard way.

I was kinda proud when I hit 3 K posts, nope , no parade then either !

More than a few check and post from their phones - can do that at work.  I don't have one of those fancy phones.  I tend to check late in the evening before I go to bed and don't feel obligated to check every day.

Just passed the 1000 post milestone a few days ago myself but didn't catch it when it happened or until several posts later so I just kinda kept going.

When I was about to retire from the mobile tool business, some of the guys in one shop told me that they had a retirement party for me. It seems that they had a lot of fun and wished that I would have been there......I would have been there but no one told me about it!?  :huh:  :rolleyes:

Wonder why?  :P

Rog

When you have 1000 profile views we can talk about a parade ;)

Didn't even know such a count existed so I had to check it out.  You now have one more.  

Trying not to be vain enough to check my own count ...

Tim - thanks for the parade.  I'm outta likes or I woulda ...

• Like 1

Didn't even know such a count existed so I had to check it out.  You now have one more.  

Trying not to be vain enough to check my own count ...

Tim - thanks for the parade.  I'm outta likes or I woulda ...

136 Byrdie, but I don't know if that counted my view so I guess it could be 137. Gratz to both.