Grizzly 1023

trz

That is a 17 year old saw. The new version costs around 1400 depending on which version you buy. At 17 years you are in the range where I would expect to want to do some maintenance on it to make sure everything was going to keep running well, probably replace bearings. If it was used in a professional shop then it might be good to give the whole motor a good look over by a professional. If it was a hobbiest then I wouldn't bother with that. I would expect 400 to be about right for that saw assuming nothing is missing, it comes with a good fence, and it appears on the surface to be in perfect working order.

I believe that saw was about 700 new.  If it's in excellent condition then, 3 to 4 hundred would be a fair price.

If you can get it for less then that's awesome.  

A friend of mine has this saw and I've used it a few times.  I don't like the blade tilt wheel on the left and I don't like the location of the on/off switch but, the saw works great.

Around here, they generally go for $400-$650 depending on the fence, rip capacity, condition, mobile base, dado inserts, guards, blades or other extras, etc.   The Z generally indicates some beefed up accessories....possibly a stronger motor (ie: 5hp vs 3hp), better switch, beefier fence, motor cover, etc.  In some cases the G1023"Z" came with the "Original" Shop Fox fence, which is a dual locking fence vs the Shop Fox Classic which is a Biese clone.  This saw pre-dates riving knives, but could come with a traditional splitter instead....the BORK aftermarket riving knife will fit that saw but adds some cost.  It's worth noting that it'll also be a right tilting saw. 

• 5 years later...