ridgid table saws

Gary Gilbert

i have been looking for a new table saw.. I was temped by a sears one i saw on sale online til i looked at it in the store and the demo model was all beat up and poorly put togeather .. I wanted one on a portable stand since i do not have room. i have started to buy alot of ridgid tools cause there are in my price range and never had a problem other then a battery and i just brought it in to the store.  i was looking at the ridgid saw on the stand or if i should just pony up and get the real table version. i wanted something i can use the incra jig with.. 

thanks

Gary

I have the R4511 with an Incra fence system .  I bought the saw on sale so that was a good deal . The incra fence I got off CraigsList and got a deal on that too , if I paid full price for it I wouldn't be happy . I don't do any jointary with it so I'm not using the system the way you may .

https://imageshack.com/i/b5084rgj

• Like 1

to tell the truth I looked at them but not that close cause as you know when you look at the site sometimes they toss up the high end one first.. i don't had a shop as of yet working off my back porch until I can extend my little shed out back.. I don't plan on taking the shed with me so i would have to get in sketchup and figure out the space I would need.. TY for the tip I did want a cabinet saw style..

since I am on a fixed income now i tend to look for used tools when i afford to get them.. i was looking again tonight and came across this planer . i hear they are good but the price scares me as well as the rust..http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/tls/4678980857.html

i just picked up a router table setup for $90 from a nice man who was getting to old to enjoy it.. it is sitting on my back porch under a tarp.. not in the rain..

i tried to look up some videos on that saw I have not found but 2 ..i have not heard of a bad review so far on the one you told me about..

Not too sure about that rust, that would scare me too!

As for the saw, check with the folks here and you'll find mostly positive reviews..  I've also found their customer service to be pretty good.

Again, it's your shop and your money.  They certainly don't pay me to talk about them so, take it for what it's worth.  I've had great luck with it and therefor wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. 

• Like 1

IMHO you should pay more attention to the type of saw than the brand.  A full size stationary saw with a cast iron or granite top and a belt drive induction motor will have the lion's share of advantages over a portable saw regardless of the brand in the vast majority of cases.  Once you determine which type of saw is best suited to your needs, you can compares apples to apples between the brand names.  

The ABCs of Table Saws

• Like 1

I have been lookin to replace my ts3650 for years, but I cannot find a good reason to do so. It has done, and continues to do, everything I have asked of it.

Exactly where I'm at with mine. I think I "need" a bigger better saw, but other than sawing some very thick and dense wood it works very well. I'm sure I'll upgrade when I build my next shop, but that's for another thread. :)

I would get this: http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?productId=50081568

The rigid has trunion problems.

I had been looking at the two of them, but the main thing I noticed was that the Rigid seems to have sold a lot more, so that more people got lemons.  So I am not sure if that is truely a better model as some people complained about issues with it too.  Eitherway I am unlikely to get one before june.