New Shop - Finally!

soonerdg

Been without a shop for 2.5 years, since moving out of the city.  But as of tomorrow morning the agony is over.  Materials being delivered for my new 14x24 workshop (some assembley required).  2-3 more weekends and I should have a fully functional woodshop.

I'm so tickled I can't hardly stand it.

Sorry for the delay.  Here are a few pictures.  I didn't make as much progress as I had hoped this weekend.  Lost most of Saturday to a laundry list of problems (wrong studs delivered, broken nail gun, etc)  So far I've finished the floor and one wall is framed but not standing yet.  Also I've build all of the roof trusses but no pic of them.

Sorry for the delay.  Here are a few pictures.  I didn't make as much progress as I had hoped this weekend.  Lost most of Saturday to a laundry list of problems (wrong studs delivered, broken nail gun, etc)  So far I've finished the floor and one wall is framed but not standing yet.  Also I've build all of the roof trusses but no pic of them.

Looks like you've busted butt so far!! Great progress.

Sometimes I wish that my shop had wooden floors. Working barefoot (shoes get kicked off as soon as I get home) on concrete can wear you down by the end of a weekend.

looks good.   it amazes me what other people can do. i tried to do a 300 sqft. and the city required  me to put the thing on a 12" by 12 " full footer.

Fortunately I live outside the city limits so I don't have any code or permit issues.  Otherwise it would be a lot more expensive.

Added a couple of new pics to the gallery.  Didn't get as much done as I'd hoped this weekend due to haveing to go out of town unexpectedly on Saturday.  I did get the 4 walls up on Sunday and should get the roof trusses set and the roofing done this weekend.  Then just the siding will be left and the shell will be complete.

Thanks for all of the comments.

Looks good, it's a lot easier to sheet the walls before you stand them it's too late now but you should also have a double top plate to tie the walls to each other and your sheeting should cover your rim joist or at least lap over a little for tie-ing the walls to the joists this will work the way it is but, it wouldn't pass inspection from the building dept. It will make for a nice little shop please don't feel like I'm slamming your building practices I've been a carpenter my entire adult life and, was just trying to give you some pointers for if you ever do this again at some point. 

Higtron - thanks for the pointers. Believe me I need all the pointers I can get.  They say you learn from your mistakes and beleive me I've learned A LOT from this building.  This is actually a trial run as I plan to build a bigger shop eventually and this will become a storage building.  We're also planning a DIY addition to our house. Hopefully the mistakes I made with this building will help out when I tackle that project.  Luckily i'm outside the city limits so I don't have to wory about inspection.  Otherwise I'd be in over my head.  but like you said it should make a decent shop once it's done.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been slow progress but the shell is almost done.  Just needs shingles, trim and a door and I can move to the inside.  Work should progress more quickly inside since I can work under the lights and I'm not limited to only daytime hours.  Since it's almost dark when I get home I get very little done during the week.

added some new pics to the gallery.