Running 220 line

trz

If you still have options regarding the orientation of the saw, turn it so the least-used side is towards the wall, then do what Steve said.

For a left-tilt saw, that is typically the right side, as the tendancy is to walk around the left side of the table. Never used a right-tilt, dunno if it changes the process.

I put the outlet on the walI and ran the cord over the floor towards the "least used side" as mentioned, using one of those flexible cord covers that you can get at the office supply store to prevent a trip hazard. If you really want the outlet near the saw, then the "threshold" idea is prob your best bet. I'm not a fan of dropping kinds from the ceiling if it can be avoided, but my shop is small - maybe in a larger space it makes sense.

yes you can cut a trough in the crete it's messy and also have to figure out how thick it is.. I did something like that in the pool house to move from the middle to the wall..  I scored the crete with a saw a few times to make my path and then  went to town with a mason bit drilling holes every so often. then grabbed a maul and a chisel to make the scrap easy to get rid of. then just filled in the track with hydro crete.. it's a lot of work . what they said to do is easy and less fuss. 

I agree that the small channel conduit on the floor works the best. Not ideal, but I just have my cord on the floor from the wall to the saw. No covering at all. I have actually never caught my foot on it, or a piece of lumber. I walk over it constantly, as that is my only path to my bench. It lays perfectly flat on the ground, so unless I had a spatula on the toe of my shoe, I wouldn't be able to pick it up.

I will eventually have the channel conduit though in my garage shop. I just didn't do it now because I am lazy :)

One other solution, although probably the most expensive, is to put down a false floor.  Putting down 2x4 runners and 3/4 plywood flooring would give you space to run all the electrical you want.  It will also be better for your feet and legs than standing on concrete.