Dual Doweling machine

David Stephens

Does anyone have any experience with dual doweling machines?  I've done tons of research on the Mafell DD40 & Triton TDJ600.  A search on this site mentions these once, but that was related to Festool Domino.

I'm a little concerned there aren't many reviews on these machines.  Those that exist say that it's good, but I like more information to feel better about the purchase.

I'd like to use this in connecting aprons to table legs, shelves in bookcases, mitered corners on frames, boxes/drawers, and butt & T joints.

Both of these machines would do what I want, but it's the lack of reviews that bugs me.  Not so many manufacturers make them, so maybe they're not such a popular machine.

I want to stick with dowels, and I don't want to buy the Domino or use biscuits.  The Triton here in Germany costs 160€, or $210, which I'm happy to buy.

If anyone has any experience or has heard about these, please let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks fellas.  It sounds like there might be only a few people around who used these, which is similar to the number of manufacturers of these types of tools.  I guess they're not popular, or maybe the Domino is so heavily sought after...?

I'm still on the fence about it, but I'm leaning more in that direction.

I'm using dowels everyday, in every project, and always fussing to get it right.  I've been at it for a while and haven't really improved my manual process.  Of course, I can do it faster, but still having accuracy troubles.

Homemade jigs aren't helping either.