New (to me) tool day!

Llama

Spent the weekend in Door County for a short getaway with my awesome wife. Mostly the only things to do up there is to visit the wineries and go antique shopping.

After sifting through loads of overpriced crap, my wife spotted a cabinet full of hand tools. The cabinet was pretty much loaded with millers falls and bedrock (and other stanley) planes. I was tempted to pick up a set of the Millers falls because they are sexy and red. ;) But without a real need for them, I passed. However, I could not resist this sweetheart stanley knuckle block plane.

Took it for a test drive tonight, blade is still mostly sharp from the previous user. In a way, it's really nice to continue using the plane and not let it rot in a case or on a shelf.

And yes, we also bought a bunch of wine :)

f7f222210d88f62d4570e1a6d1c78183.jpg

b8ea599914251b4a4851d38e425cfb7a.jpg

Well I hope that block o' wood ain't flat, otherwise you got your work cut out for ya.  I like shop decorations.  Bring the hate! :D

I saw my uncle at a funeral on Monday...told me he's got a big pile of my great-grandpappy's tools for me.  I said I got plenty of shelf space in the shop to display that awesome worthless crap!

...not that your block is worthless...that's a nice piece.

• Like 2