Need help with benchtop tool stands/cabinets

wouldwurker

My dad is in town for the weekend, so I thought it would be a nice bonding experience to build some shop furniture together.

I'd like to build 3 to 4 small sturdy cabinet/benches for my benchtop tools.  (planer, bandsaw, spindle & disc sander, etc), with drawers/cabinets.  Eventually add casters.

I know I could throw a few together with two-bys, screws, and ply, but I'd like to add a little bit of joinery, be it rabbets, dados, lapped joints, etc.  I have a domino 500 for the drawers/cabinets.

Anyway, I'm having a tough time finding some simple plans.  Lots of pics, but I just need some simple plans so I can measure in short order, and batch out my cuts to make 3-4 tables.

I have oodles of 8/4 hard maple, but I'm not above using 2x4's either as the maple might be overkill.  Plenty of 3/4 ply to go around. 

Thanks all - not sure why I can't find something on the net...maybe I'm searching the wrong words.

--VJ

I thought Marc had some plans for his recent shop bench/cabinets.. I'm thinking of the one with the flip up top. I guess that's more storage than work surface.. Or you may want to check out the torsion box bench build. He did some dado/rabbets on the cabinets in that one as well. Looked like a project along the lines you're thinking, but swapping out a beefier top maybe? No matter how you do it, sounds like a good time to hang out with pops.