Grizzly 555 bandsaw: broken or user error?

chrisphr

I bought this thing on Craig's list a few month ago but haven't used it because struggling to get it tuned following the user manual and other sources. I know grizzly customer service can probably help, but thought maybe some of you experts out there might be able to point out the problem. I've never owned nor operated a bandsaw, so I am totally in the dark about what needs to be fixed.

Alternatively is there such a thing as a bandsaw repair man? I would gladly delegate the setup of this thing for a price.

Here's the problem. Blade oscillates on the top wheel, and wheel appears to be wobbling. Here are some super short videos to show what I am talking about:

Thanks!

I am assuming you have the blade properly tensioned.  If not, that is the first thing I would check.  However watching the upper wheel spin, it looks like the wheel itself is moving.  This leads me to believe that the shaftis bent or there is a bad bearing.  Since that saw is still in production, grizzly will have any replacement parts that is needed.  Grizzly has a break down of the parts need.  

http://www.grizzly.com/products/The-Ultimate-14-Bandsaw/G0555

• 1 month later...

Thanks all, finally got this thing working after replacing a bunch of parts. The part that ended up fixing it, was the bearings, which a local mechanic installed for free. Looked like the previous owner had replaced them in the past but forgot to install a little axel thingy (a tube), which I suspect led to premature failure of the bearings. Glad to have this off my mind. In celebration I made a bandsaw box, Steve Ramsey's design. This is a great tool addition!post-14334-0-33497600-1417374199_thumb.j

Thanks all, finally got this thing working after replacing a bunch of parts. The part that ended up fixing it, was the bearings, which a local mechanic installed for free. Looked like the previous owner had replaced them in the past but forgot to install a little axel thingy (a tube), which I suspect led to premature failure of the bearings. Glad to have this off my mind. In celebration I made a bandsaw box, Steve Ramsey's design. This is a great tool addition!attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Never owned or operated a bandsaw, and your first project was a very nice box. Well done! Enjoy the saw, I suggest reading more about the saw and proper operation, setup and maintenance to get the most out of it