Sourcing the hardware in Australia

David S

You mean Benchcrafted I'm guessing...

It's a very small American company and I'm pretty sure you can only buy them from the manufacturer.  I could be wrong, but I don't think they're available from retailers.  You'll probably have to just hold your nose and pay the international shipping and import fees and all the rest.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had to import mine from the US. I was lucky and got it a couple of years ago when the exchange rates were good. If you do get it then you might as well get the Moxon Vice Kit as well the freight won't be that much extra. I am currently half way through the build (finally started last month). I am using Sydney Blue-Gum for the bench and sourced it from Sawtell on NSW North Coast. The timber was rough sawn to my specification, sat in his yard for 6 months and sent to be kiln dried by the yard. These are great people and the timber was straight & superb. Is a great choice to build with (not too hard but still bullet-proof). My bench is also left-handed. I am doing some videos showing the build and some different techniques from Marc's for the Dog Hole Strip and Joinery that are a bit less error-prone (walking routers) on the routing. Sawer: NORTH COAST TIMBERS Mobile: 0428 941 524 Kiln Drying & Timber Yard: Rose Gum Timbers soladry.com.au Speak to Simon on 0427 256 142 Cheers Chas

post-5815-0-20470600-1414708668_thumb.jp