SawStop Slider

Steve Lyde

I have owned a SawStop professional series cabinet saw for almost 3 years now and I really like it.  That being said I have longed for a slider but never liked the idea of one size fits all from the aftermarket manufactures.  So finally SawStop has brought to market their own slider for their saws as I'm sure most of you have seen.

I made a trip to WoodCraft in Ft Worth TX so I could see one in person and yes I brought one home with me and got it installed last night.  The fence rails must be cut off in order to mount the slider.  I already had a incra fence system on my saw so cutting the incra aluminum rails was easy to do with the appropriate blade in my Kapex.  Over all the installation is straight forward and the instructions are written well.

The unit seems very solid, well made, and beefy.  I can't give comparisons to other sliders as I have never had one but so far I like this unit.  I know there isn't very much info out there on this unit from users so I can try to answer question if anyone has any.

A very thick and heavy box to protect the contents.

post-6663-0-87075300-1413411716_thumb.jp

I performed the installation by myself and it took me about 3 hours.

post-6663-0-39600500-1413411783_thumb.jp

post-6663-0-97378600-1413411835_thumb.jp

Had to modify my out feed table so the slider could pass over the edge of it.

post-6663-0-63891700-1413411924_thumb.jp

With the blade raised high enough to cut 3/4" material, my tape measures 50 1/8" to the blade so it would be easy to cross cut that over size ply and mdf.

post-6663-0-04454100-1413411948_thumb.jp

There is a nice size foot on the left end of the fence to support long pieces.

post-6663-0-07748200-1413411985_thumb.jp

Flip stops are sturdy.

post-6663-0-88016500-1413412025_thumb.jp

• Like 1

That looks like a nice little slider.

I have an Excalibur. One of the bolt "on fits most saws " jobs you mentioned. Much bigger table and fence. 61" crosscut capacity.

It does occupy a pretty big footprint but I can shave 1/32 off of a sheet of Baltic and get a perfect 90' corner.

Once you get it trued up to deliver a perfect cut sliders are a joy to use. Extra stops are very handy for cutting repeated sizes during a project.

wdwerker, I'm sure the Excalibur is a nice unit it's just too big for my current shop.  Now if I ever get that dream shop then who knows!!

CessnaPilotBarry, yes sir the action is very smooth on it.  It's smooth enough that due to the slope in my garage floor, the slide will move on it's own.

• 5 months later...