Need Kitchen Related Ideas

Hi fellow termites, 

I am getting back into woodworking after being in the hospital a considerable fraction of previous 5 years. All my tools need to be tuned up as do my skills. I have also found that I no longer enjoy working over saw horses. I would like to make several small projects to get my skills back before I tackle making a workbench for myself then get back to my wife list of furniture(Her big one is a 10 level apothecary cabinet with one drawer at the base and 10 across the top level. She wants all the drawers to be dovetailed.) I have been making some cutting boards, bread boards, and meat and cheese board but want to move on to something else. So what would you make as a small project for the kitchen. Right now I am trying to carve some spoons from maple. Tool that I want most right now is a oscillating drum sander. The tool that I need most is a drill press(I think that I have this one taken care of). 

Chef posted a lot of copyrighted images as his own, so I'm hiding all of his posts with images

Chef

Hi fellow termites, 

I am getting back into woodworking after being in the hospital a considerable faction of previous 5 years. All my tools need to be tuned up as do my skills. I have also found that I no longer enjoy working over saw horses. I would like to make several small projects to get my skills back before I tackle making a workbench for myself then get back to my wife list of furniture(Her big one is a 10 level apothecary cabinet with one drawer at the base and 10 across the top level. She wants all the drawers to be dovetailed.) I have been making some cutting boards, bread boards, and meat and cheese board but want to move on to something else. So what would you make as a small project for the kitchen. Right now I am trying to carve some spoons from maple. Tool that I want most right now is a oscilating drum sander. The tool that I need most is a drill press(I think that I have this one taken care of). 

Here is a facebook photo album of some of my most recent projects(Is there a way to transfer the photos to here)...

Chef

If you can put them on facebook, you can put them on here, when you post just click more reply options , at the bottom right, when the new window opens it's all there for you to see.   Try a bread box or vegetable storage unit to hone your dovetail skills. 

Chef, Great looking boards. I need to make me (wife) an end grain cutting board.

If you're looking for something to make mamma for the kitchen, here's a recipe box I made my daughter-in-law for her birthday. She probably uses the I-pad more now though.

post-14556-0-34780800-1413488697_thumb.j

post-14556-0-15236300-1413488719_thumb.j

The two circles at the upper right corner on one side eventually received pennies as her name is Penny.  One was dated the year she was born and the other for the year I gave her the box.