DeWalt 746X Whistles

chefmagnus@grics.net

I used a can of spray foam to seal up all the gaps and foil taped the inside of the box that I made under the saw to hold the outlet for the 6" hose for the dust collector. I also cut up a few fridge magnets to place in front of the angle indicator opening and around the height adjustment wheel.   I now have a table saw that whistles through the blade opening a G sharp. If you place your hand over the opening you can feel the suction and raise the pitch. I have not tried it with the dado stack but cutting up particle board countertop only a wee bit of dust got away from the opening. The bummer is that you cannot hear it while the saw is running.  This pix is from the duct tape attempt to cover the angle indicator gap but it just got sucked in to the saw. I also put the bottom under the sides so it is down at the level of the feet. I read in the comments in the article about sealing up the tablesaws that the dust will form its' own ramp to the outlet and building one was unnecessary so I didn't.  

Chef

Not to hijack the thread but this was the first table saw I ever bought. I loved it but I couldn't ever get the fence to stay put or square to the blade. I even had the sliding table attachment. I really thought it was very well made but I just got frustrated with the fence.

Did they improve it and can you even buy this saw anymore?

• Like 1

No it hasn't been sold since 2010. I am giving up on their fences and putting biesmeyer guides on it and getting a Very Super Cool Tools Fence and aluminum extrusion for it. I am also putting the same type rails on my Jet bandsaw. So I can use the fence on both my saws. The wife questioned the need for another fence but I gave her a lesson in what I have to do to get a square cut. Then I showed her the board stuck in the garage ceiling from The Kick Back Incident(caused by fence movement). I honestly have stopped using their fence and have be using a steel rule clamped to the saw table.